美国University of Utah-采矿工程-尾矿管理方向-全奖硕/博-2025 Spring/Fall

Chardy
学校: University of Utah
专业:Mining Engineering
入学:2025 Spring/Fall

研究兴趣目前主要涵盖尾矿管理的各个方向,理论研究和实验研究相结合。研究方向包括但不限于:
;        Sedimentation and consolidation 尾矿沉降和固结
;        Filtration performance of thickened tailings 尾矿过滤
;        Rheological, geotechnical, and mechanical behaviors of tailings 尾矿的蠕变和土力学特性
;        Paste tailings backfill 膏体充填
;        Stability of tailings storage facilities 尾矿库稳定性
;        CO2 sequestration in tailings management 尾矿材料固碳

导师简介: Dr. Yuan (Stuart) Li
I am currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mining Engineering at the University of Utah. I earned my PhD in Mining Engineering from the University of British Columbia, where I studied under the supervision of Professor Dirk van Zyl. My research focuses on advancing mine tailings management, with a particular emphasis on dewatering methods through sedimentation and filtration techniques.
I also explore the rheological properties, mechanical behavior, and geotechnical characteristics of various types of tailings. In the management of tailings storage facilities (TSFs), my work addresses key safety challenges and the environmental impact of tailings. Additionally, I am interested in the potential of utilizing tailings for carbon capture and storage, investigating their role in CO2 sequestration.
Beyond academia, I have industry experience working with consulting firms such as SRK, HATCH, and AECOM, where I was involved in geotechnical field investigations, tailings dam design, and stability analysis.

标准化考试要求:托福80 or 雅思 6.5

计划招生:
全奖硕士若干,全奖博士一个名额。入学时间最早为 2025年春/秋 ,可以根据实际情况商定。
本科为采矿工程,土木工程,选矿工程,地质工程以及其他相关专业均可申请,有兴趣的同学请把申请材料(CV, 成绩单等)发至:[email protected]

University of Utah 坐落在美国犹他州盐湖城,北面有著名的黄石国家公园,南面有各类大峡谷,西面大盐湖为北美最大咸水湖,东面的瓦萨其山脉有享誉北美的著名的滑雪场,非常适合户外运动爱好者来此工作学习。
0条回复